Tuesday 24 April 2007

Its hell working for yourself.

Recently I've been working on several projects to get posted on the net.
I've recently been building up a personal website.
I've been helping friends with their web ambisions.
And you know what, I am totally knackered with it all.

If you check my dev or Sheezy site, in the journals i mention something called Tomorrow's Dawn. Well that was started around...oh, october last year and me being a perfectionist I wanted it as good as possible, I've finally got the mono look for it and I say. 'Hay, this needs colour!' It's like saying 'well I've finished a 20 hr shift, lets go make some houses in my four hour rest!' (well, little exageration there) but it feels like it. While I was redesigning TD come up with an idea. 'Well, bugger me I think I'll start a project of designing 13 original characters, all of whom have different looks and styles to themselves, colour them and then do a wikid bg!' Yeah...sigh. Then there's these prints I keep promising to do, one of which I've just finished the skin tone for.

A friend of mine (won't say your name) has been trying to get a job recently and he's had no sucess. So I have been urging him to get a basic website. Start showing his work to the world, I fight him over several designs-start to make one-and then find a good community site. This is all the while trying to encourage him to better his skills.
So I find him the site, tell him its 'FREE' and leave. A week passes and all he has done is open an account. Nothing uploaded, nothing started with, at ALL. So I have to go through the process of showing him how to upload and add avatars and everything, he gets a comment on the first piece he uploads and he acts like its nothing. ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Then there's the idea of 'Hay, with all these things coming up, I can't clog up the community sites with 'all' of them, so I need a portfolio site, right. Here we go again.

AND(Yes, there's more) then there is the helping people part(different than friend thing, but in the same leauge). While I'm working on all of this (day in and day out) I have to get up every hour or so because someone in the family needs something and they won't do it themselves.
I'm just feeling drained all day, I don't think that i'm getting enough sleep. Jesus, I can't wait for June. Roll on the Holiday.

~Sites~
www.lightningbarer.deviantart.com
first and most actively updated site.
www.lightningbarer.sheezyart.com
secondary updated site. Less active.

No comments: